Peru – Day 12 Last Day (5/27/2017)

Travel day, literally. I did not sleep last nigh. I fell asleep around 8 pm and woke up around 11 pm. And of course, I could not fall back asleep. With having to be up at 2:30 am to catch  my ride to the airport, what was the point?

I caught my ride to the airport and it only took about a half hour. A big difference from the hour plus it took all the other times. The line to check my bag wasn’t too bad either. It didn’t take too long and besides that, I had plenty of time.

I boarded the plane and it was off to Mexico City for my layover. We landed about 45 minutes earlier than planned in Mexico City. I did survive the immigration and customs though. It was relatively easy when you kind of follow people who know what they are doing. But hey, I went at this alone and made it so I must have done something right too. It seemed like most airport workers don’t speak any English. It’s a good thing I am good at figuring out what they are saying.

This trip not only taught me history, but also some Spanish. It’s amazing how much you can learn, language wise, when you don’t understand what the other person is saying. Both people can still communicate using other means. A little bit like charades, I guess. When I was bargaining a few times, the girls would write down a price then I would write something down and we would find a number that we could agree to. It goes to show that even without understanding the language/words, we can all communicate in some way with each other. Not knowing a language is just an excuse to not communicate, there is always a way to understand each other, no matter what the differences are. It was also nice to have someone around who could speak and understand Spanish too, just wasn’t always necessary.

My flight from Mexico City was supposed to get into Chicago at 10:55 pm. It got in a little after 11 so it wasn’t much later than it was supposed to. I think it is safe to say, that was a long day. I couldn’t wait to get home. I ended up getting home around 12:30 am on 5/28/2017 and Rylie (my dog) was so excited to see me and that I was back. I have to say, I was just as happy to see her as she was to see me. It was the best way to end the most amazing trip!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s